One Southern Indiana will present its first annual Non-Profit of the Year Award this year, recognizing an organization’s outstanding work within the community. Rauch, Inc. was chosen as one of the three finalists. Alongside Goodwill of Southern Indiana and Hope Southern Indiana, Rauch will be recognized at the One Southern Indiana Annual Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 18, where the winner will also be announced.
Our application gave us an opportunity to highlight the growth Rauch has seen in the last several years, including within the Industries, Supported Living, and Interpreting Services:
“Rauch Industries, specifically, has recently undergone a redesign during which an entirely new brand identity was created, the website was redone and a quarterly newsletter was produced. Both the website and the newsletter were developed to help expand the customer base of the Industries, in turn providing more jobs and a wider variety of jobs to clients who work in the Industries. This allows clients with developmental disabilities working at the program the opportunities for new experiences and new and varied skill development.”
“Rauch’s supported living housing at Hawthorn Glen subdivision is finishing its last phase of construction this summer, completing the agency’s master plan for the development. This final phase involves opening six new homes, a major achievement made possible by grants from Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority, the Federal Home Loan Bank, the Ogle Foundation, Duke Energy, and Horseshoe Foundation of Floyd County.”
“Another particular service Rauch offers is video remote interpreting (VRI) through its American Sign Language interpreting services. Rauch is the only program in the Southern Indiana/Louisville area offering this service. It is a 24 hour/7 day a week service that provides an on call interpreter…… As with many of Rauch’s programs, Interpreting Services has grown a great deal in the last four years and is currently focusing on expanding its Spanish interpreting program in an effort to serve more members of the community.”
It also included a rundown of our support in the community:
· 33% of ACCESS program outings were to perform a volunteer activity, providing an important service to the local community as well as a beneficial self-esteem boost to participants.
· 68% of Adult Developmental Activities program participants showed progress on their goals, especially notable considering the very significant nature of the disabilities experienced by this group. 100% of the program’s satisfaction surveys rated the service as satisfactory.
· 100% of Employment Services’ most significantly disabled clients reached the one year milestone in their employment.
· Interpreting services provided 7,688 hours of interpreting last year, with 100% satisfaction among deaf and hard of hearing customers.
· Rauch Industries met deadlines for 98% of their business contracts, and provided over 30,000 hours worked for individuals with disabilities.
· 69% of Supported Living clients met their goals.
Thank you to One Southern Indiana for this opportunity to share Rauch’s work in the community. For the newsletter announcing the finalists, please click here.